||Oil painting of Matthew (Matt) McCrindle
In 1915 he moved to Cranbrook where he worked for Tom Austin at the Model Dairy and had complete control of milk distribution in Cranbrook. He bought out the dairy and changed the name to City Dairy and constructed a large red barn 36 feet wide by 140 feet long and about 32 feet high, on the corner of Sixth Street North and Victoria Avenue. He continued to run the dairy for 20 years, during which time the horse drawn milk wagons were phased out and replaced by milk trucks. A modern pasteurization plant was added after World War II. He also served as a member of the Cranbrook City Council.